Sunday, June 17, 2012

Make the Perfect Hard Boiled Egg (That's easy to peel)

I SUCK at hard boiling eggs. I never seem to get it right. They either come out undercooked or so hard that you could bounce them like a ball. I am also always left with annoying little egg shells that stick to the egg when I try to peel off the shell.

SO this week for the Pin-tester series I tested a method that is supposed to make peeling eggs super easy. The pin came from an awesome site called theKitchn, which I would have most likely never discovered if it wasn't for Pinterest.

The method which can be found here says that if you add 1/2 tsp of baking soda to the water it will make the egg shell easier to peel. I followed a simple method for hard boiling the eggs, which I found in the comment section of the post.

Final verdict:
It worked! The egg shell slipped right off. What a neat little trick.

Max loved the shell free perfectly cooked egg too. From now on this is the only way I will hard boil my eggs.

www.delightedmomma.com

No comments:

Post a Comment